- "Guilt" (formerly a one-shot that I hoped to continue past the one-shot stage... but I still have some slight plotline issues)
- "After His Last Case" (originally a one-shot I wrote one night when struggling to sleep, but I wanted to see where it went, so I continued it)
- "Shower Intruder" (I was just bored and thought it'd be funny to write, but I'd been considering writing it for a while)
- "Chem Is Try: A Christmas Carol Spoof" (I was bored in my AP US History class the last day before winter vacation my junior year of high school, so I satirized my chemistry teacher)
- "Curtis Watches TV" (again, I wanted to write something funny while just bored)
- "Fool of a Took" (I was bored one night my first year of college while watching TMZ, and they interviewed Billy Boyd that night, so I was inspired to write this story)
- "Hey Norman" (again, I wanted to write something funny while just bored)
- "Mr. B. and the Motel" (I was wasting time before going to a basketball game in college, but I didn't want to do homework)
- "Paint" (I tuned my friends out one day at lunch in high school to write this... I'm such a bad friend)
- "Snow" (I was up late one Saturday night, but I didn't feel like going to sleep or watching SNL)
- "The Janitor's Name" (another one-shot I wrote one night while trying to fall asleep)
- "Tobias" (I was bored one New Year's Eve while waiting for the Time's Square ball drop and related TV shows to come on, so I decided to start this)
- "Two Brothers, Plus One?" (another one-shot that I wanted to continue if I came up with a solid plot... and now has become a multi-chapter story)
- "Ways to Pass the AP US History Exam" (my friends and I were bored one day during one of the review class periods in AP US History, so they started writing this on the chalkboard, and I copied it down because it was so funny)
- "Tamia" (I'm pretty sure I wrote this out of boredom the same evening as "Mr. B. and the Motel." I had just started the first Crank book, and I was inspired by one of my high school buddies)
The official story production process blog of the FanFiction, Fiction Press, Quizilla, and StoryJoin writer Hobbit4Lyfe (or 186FleetStreet, or 186FleetStreet42).
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Boredom as story starters update
Some stories I started out of pure boredom, such as:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment